Thursday, March 23, 2006

train tracks

I just happen to live near where all the train transfers happen, so without a doubt almost every night when I make my round home there seems to be a giant train blocking my way. It sends me for a loop because my bed is calling my name and rush is always on the go. The bars always seem to be going down right before I get there, and I think to myself 'if only I left a little bit sooner I would've made it through.'

"Remember me"

And somehow I know that this moment, this pause in time, was planned. I remember Him, and then I recognize my rush to be and do, that I forget what is most important. Now every time I'm stopped at the train tracks I know to remember Him and be thankful for the opportunity.

This also brought another thing to mind. Each person is on a journey of life and we're all heading somewhere. We're trucking along and then all of a sudden, stop... a barrier or block seems to be in our way, and its frustrating and seems almost ridiculous. We want to get where we are going as fast as we can to prove to ourselves and prove to others we can get there, to be great and do great. So maybe after all, the stop is good, maybe it opens our eyes to see that we are weak and we can't be or do without our God. Maybe God just wants us to remember Him. Maybe he wants to remind you that you ARE great, and you aren't just great, you are precious just as you are, and you are loved far more than you know or can comprehend.

So enjoy where you are at and let the God of the universe direct your path.

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg Roberts said...

I'm all about time outs. Nice reflection. And deft picture.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

excellent post. I love your reflective nature and your seeking heart.

P.S. looking forward to some more great photos

Blessings

8:36 PM  
Blogger Dead 2 MySelf said...

You put great emotion into that post. It was like reading a cloud full of beauty and captivating. Ur pictures really add to it.
Gravy!

~B-Ron

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't this from your year book

4:59 PM  
Blogger ms.renee said...

my year book? I don't understand

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home