Sunday, September 23, 2007

in CALI!!!

Well I am finally in California! It definitely was quite the journey. We got to the border in Abbotsford BC, last Saturday. To make a long story short we got denied twice. I can’t even explain the devastation I felt when I was told we were not allowed to cross. Derek Deacon and I had to get our fingerprints and pictures taken; I felt like a complete criminal. We kept trying to get across with little sleep, and new papers. The entire time it looked hopeless. Anyway, our third attempt I didn’t know what to think anymore, I was mad at God. We had a bunch of people praying for us. We arrived at the border just as they were doing shift change and by the grace of God we had 2 Christians working on our case!!! If we would have gotten anyone else we would not have been able to cross, because now the guard had to do research and justify why he was letting us cross. So we crossed with the visas we needed! Then we traveled another 14 hours to Redding California just to make it a couple hours before school started on Tuesday morning.

I learned a lot from that trip. I realized that my full trust was not quite in God, and that it needed to be. I also learned how much God loves me, and that he is faithful even if we are faithless. I got to hang out with some cool people in Abbotsford, which made the trip more enjoyable. I think I am still unwinding from everything.

The school here is amazing. It isn’t just a time to learn new things but it is also a time to grow into a warrior; to gain passion to change the nations. I desire to know God more than anything. My mind is being transformed into the mind of Christ. Signs and wonders [signs that make you wonder, hehe] are a normal thing here at Bethel; knowing Jesus Christ has never been so much fun! A physical manifestation of the Holy Spirit that I have been experiencing personally is feathers (“there is healing in His wings”). They appear out of nowhere; I have been in restaurants, at home and at school when I have seen them and they all look the same. A year ago I would not have believed such a thing; now that I have been in the presence of the Holy Spirit I now know that anything is possible. Daily we hear testimonies of Christ’s provision and complete healings; anything from healing of blindness or deafness to no traces of hepatitis C or cancer that once lived in a body. God is so good and he wants us to know how big He is.

There is so much more even happening that I would much rather just sit and talk with you over coffee sometime. Let’s hang out!!! I want to know your heart.

1 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

Renee, it's good to see you are so on fire. I'm glad that your life is turning into what you want it to be. Be alive and live well my friend. Miss you...-matt

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home