Thursday, April 13, 2006

neverland?

Where do we cross the line between reality and fantasy? As children we lived for the moments to play pretend, and we loved watching our disney movies because they always seemed to have a happy ending. Something beyond us captured our minds and maybe even caused our hearts to skip a beat, and somehow we really believed we were that cinderella or superman.

There's a little boy named Gavin who is about 4 years old at my parents church and he honestly believes he is superman. (I have to admit he is the cutest kid I have ever seen and I really want to keep him.)( he also knows almost every word to every U2 song)He 'flies' around the church floor with his right arm out in front of him and his other at his side ready to devour any evil that may come his way.

I have been many times labeled a 'dreamer' or 'hopeless romantic', or I see life through 'rose colored glasses'. What that means I really don't know. Sometimes I may feel, react or think too much; is that wrong?

Were those stories as kids really far fetched or were they perhaps a metaphor, a whisper from God showing us there is more to life. I'm not saying that things are to be perfect, because I know very well that we live in an imperfect world with hurts and failures. But when did we stop dreaming? When did we look around us and give up on life being abundant and fruitful and joyous? When did we stop believing that maybe we too can fight for the better good and make a difference; or when did we stop believing that we are adored and beautiful? You have it in you to be in a story that is far beyond what you can imagine, so don't be afraid to dream a little, to hope for something more. God created you beautiful and God created you heroic, so believe it, believe in yourself.

I'm afraid to dream because I'm afraid to jump.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i totally agree, wow. I love that like God has created you heroic. Except God has created us more then any superhero could ever imagine. He created us perfect in his image. Be bold. Love.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Dead 2 MySelf said...

I see dreams as a way of hope. The world is not perfect and that is way we need dreams, so we can go on and strive for our dreams and life to become one. Oh course some dreams will never come true and we have to be aware of that, but we should not stop dreaming. It is about finding a balance of still dreaming but not being consumed by our dreams. It’s a learning process I guess. Great Blog Renee!, Very insightful. You portray your thoughts well.

Peace

B~Ron

9:33 PM  
Blogger Greg Roberts said...

My dreams are the fuel that drives my life. Theier from Him and He's worth it, even if it hurts.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home