Monday, April 24, 2006

make me beautiful

Here are some lyrics from the song beautiful by Bethany Dillon. They express so much of the heart of a girl and the heart of God. If only we’d all realize the depth of Gods love for us. I know that I constantly forget, and so many times I feel so unworthy, or not enough, or too much. I think we all desire for people to know who we really are, to take a risk and to step into our hearts. I know Christ already knows who we are more than we know ourselves, and he’s knocking at our hearts waiting to come in. So let him in because you will forever be changed.


I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause
I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me
Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life

[Chorus]
I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory

[Chorus]
You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love
and beautiful

3 Comments:

Blogger Tommi said...

Whoever gave you that angel must be an amazing friend!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh bethany dillon, you make me happy.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Dead 2 MySelf said...

I have a similer angel...well my mother does!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home